Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes won't eject my shuffle

I was asked to update Itunes which I did. I then tried to sync the Shuffle and after it was done, I couldn't eject because I got an error message about the ipod being used by other program or something like that. I actually had to alt/control/delete and end the program. I repeated the process and this time, it froze. I re-started the computer. It synched OK but when it was ready to be ejected, it froze again when I tried to eject. I factory restored the shuffle because in the process, I saw almost 1G used up by "OTHER" even though I only had music synched. After the correct synching, I tried to eject and the same thing happened. Itunes froze again and I had to get out of it by ending the task. Itunes seems to be getting worse with every update. What's going on? How can I fix this problem? I saw another person having similar error message and the responder suggested turning off or deleting Real Player program. I don't have that on my Windows.

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 7:50 PM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 2:03 PM in response to sauconyfeet

Hi sauconyfeet,

Just to make sure that I'm on the right page, it sounds like iTunes is becoming unresponsive when attempting to eject your iPod after syncing. In that case, the article linked below details a number of troubleshooting steps that can help stabilize iTunes on your computer and restore your ability to successfully sync and eject your iPod shuffle.

Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

All my best

Itunes won't eject my shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.