Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard, trackpad not working, can't log in

Please help me!

This is my first Apple product.

I bought it June 29, 2015

Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.3

I was gone for about 2 hours before I opened my macbook then I noticed that my trackpad wasn't working (so i couldn't choose the user nor type my password--keyboard was not working as well).

I googled the problem, tried resetting NVRAM, but it did not work, again, because the keyboard doesn't work.

The only key that worked was the Power Button.

Can someone PLEASE help me, tell me what to do with it?

This wasn't the first time this happened to me, except it was ONLY the trackpad that wasn't working. I used my phone to google how to fix the trackpad & a couple of posts said to reset NVRAM (command + option + p + r). It worked.

The macbook is new, it's new to me, I'm paying it off with my own money (I'm 20, if that matters lol), & I'm really worried & I'm scared that I won't be able to return it or get it replaced.

I'm really irritated with this & I'm sure that I did nothing but took really good care of this macbook.

I'm desperate. I haven't found any answers & all of the post I read we're old.

Please, please, please!

Thank you.

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 9:32 PM

2 replies

Keyboard, trackpad not working, can't log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.