Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i brought an iphone 4 but its locked with an carrier who do i unlock it and check what carrier it is with?

brought it off someone but didnt tell me what carrier it was with

iPhone 4S

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 10:11 PM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2015 10:19 PM in response to 1975courts

Call the seller and ask. We don't know who the cellular provider is. Look in the device's Settings for relevant information.

If it requires the Apple ID and password of the previous owner, and you don't have it and cannot get it, then the device is useless to you. Return it for a refund if you can.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock

In the future check first before buying second hand: How to check for Activation Lock before buying a used iPhone.

i brought an iphone 4 but its locked with an carrier who do i unlock it and check what carrier it is with?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.