Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i recently erased my disk utility and restarted my computer.

i recently erased my disk utility and restarted my computer. Now there is a folder with a question mark in the middle of my screen that continues to flash, and i have no idea what to do. i cannot click on anything, and i need help asap!

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 9:03 PM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 9:54 PM in response to AFeltrin

Sounds like you've done something you shouldn't have. Or maybe it's just how you worded the question. Did you maybe replace the hard drive?

Anyway, whatever the cause you have a problem! Thankfully all recent Macs have a recovery partition that will allow you to re-install OS X or restore it from a backup.

Start up the Mac and after the "bong" tone, press & hold down the Apple key and the "R" key at the same time to start the recovery partition. This takes a few minutes to start so be patient.

If you don't have the recovery partition, the Mac will attempt to use the Internet Recovery function so make sure you can connect to the internet.

i recently erased my disk utility and restarted my computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.