Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage is full (but it's not)

I upgraded my iCloud storage earlier today to 200 GB to make room for my 60 GB iPhoto library. Then about 2 hours later, I tried to turn on iCloud Photo Library in iCloud settings in System Preferences. When I click it, it enters a loading state, then after a few seconds, turns itself off (and also turns off My Photo Stream). No matter if I restart Photos/the computer/keep My Photo Stream off, it won't stay on.

In Photos, it says that iCloud Photo storage is full (despite the fact that I have 196 GB of free space). And I think that's why it won't turn on. Has anyone had this happen to them? It's like the storage won't update even though I updated it.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 10:10 PM

1 reply

iCloud storage is full (but it's not)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.