Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Boots to black screen with stop sign !

Hello,

I shutted down My Macbook Pro with retina 2015 as usual then when I went to turn it on again I saw black screen with white Stop sign on it ! no apple logo just the booting sound.

User uploaded file

What I have to do ? and what does this mean ?

I have tried resetting NVRAM process but it doesn't want to respond it restarts then shows the same screen again !

Please respond as fast as possible.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2.7 Core i5 dual core, 8GB RAM

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 3:25 AM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2015 3:35 AM in response to HusseinAlBehary

Try Safe Boot:

- Shut down your Mac

- Wait until your computer turns off and after that press the Power button

- Right after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key

- Release the Shift key when you see a grey Apple sign and the progress bar below this sign

- After your Mac boots up, restart it as you usually do.

If this doesn't help, follow the instructions below:

- Shut down your Mac

- Wait until your computer turns off and after that press the Power button

- Right after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key

- Release the Shift key when you see a grey Apple sign and the progress bar below this sign

- Once you see Desktop, start a Disk Utility scan to detect and repair file system errors (don't forget to choose your main hard drive)

- Click on Verify Disk and then, if asked to fix problems, on Repair Disk

- After this, click on Verify Disk Permissions and then on Repair Disk Permissions

- After the process is finished, shut down your Mac and turn it back on after about 30 seconds

Apart from that, take a look at this Apple article and follow the instructions on Resetting NVRAM shown there: How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If these steps don't help, reinstall OS X. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. After that, follow these steps:

1. Restart your Mac. Once it restarts and the grey screen appears, press and hold the Command and R keys.
  2. Select Disk Utility and click Continue.
  3. Select your startup disk on the left and click the Erase tab.
  4. Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format menu, enter a name, and then click Erase.
  5. Select Reinstall OS X, click Continue, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

If these steps don't work, contact Apple Support:

https://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro/contact/

Macbook Boots to black screen with stop sign !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.