Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail not Pushed to iPhone6

HI, On my iPhone6 I revive mail only from one Mac Mail login. I receive the mail just fine on my iPad Air and Desktop. However, the mail is randomly pushed to my phone. For instance, today I was without a new email since 3:00AM. I can force the email to push to my phone by doing a restart.

This has been happening on and off for over a week. Do you have any advice?

Thank you! -Dawgs

iPhone6 8.4 (12H143)

.mac mail address

no other mail pushed to Mail app on phone

(I have the Gmail app)

(I have a second email address pushed to my desktop. Not gmail.)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 2:23 AM

7 replies

Aug 4, 2015 5:33 AM in response to Dawgs Awalkin

Are you familiar with how to reset network settings on the phone, when you do you will have to retype your wifi passwords.

Settings - genera- reset- reset network settings. After you do that keep an eye for a few days on your phone and if the problem

still there try to see if it happens only at home or in different places as well.

Up till now you were describing normal behavior - in

order to preserve the battery phone when goes to sleep kills wifi and emails if they setup to pull may not come in until later.

Now it is not normal.

Aug 8, 2015 12:03 PM in response to gregory202

Greg,

I have yet to do the above. I'll try to reset the settings when I find my wifi password.

I have further diagnosed the issue. Throughout the day I receive notification emails. The number can vary 2-15 at a pop. Their arrival doesn't complete. Meaning if 2 are sent, only 1 arrives. Or, if 15 are sent may 3-4 arrive. Then my email stops downloading all email until a restart is performed.

About to ask a friend to mass email me 10 emails at once to see what happens.

More soon when I have the password. 🙂

Mac Mail not Pushed to iPhone6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.