Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New ID and password not linking to the App store on iphone

I have had to change my Apple ID (name and email) and password due to my email getting hacked. I have updated my ID and password on my desktop, icloud, and in itunes. I have also changed them in the settings on my phone for icloud, itunes and the app store. However when I go into itunes or the app store on my phone to update my apps it asks me for the password for my old apple ID. When I enter both my old and new passwords it says they are incorrect but the grey password box doesn't allow my to switch the ID to my new apple ID.

I've tried signing out and back in again in the settings section of my phone but it won't seem to update the ID name in the app store or itunes.

How do I get it to update? I can't update any of my apps or download anything and its doing my head in!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 2:53 AM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 3:11 AM in response to shonaholly24

Try restarting and then resetting the iPhone. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

New ID and password not linking to the App store on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.