Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio on Iphone 5

Every time I record a video on my Iphone 5, when I play it back the audio is muffled and there's like a static noise on top of it and you can barely hear the audio. Sometimes you can either barely hear the audio or you don't hear the audio at all and it's just filled with the static noise. It always happens when I record a video with the back camera and sometimes it happens when I record a video with the front facing camera. It also happens if I try to record a video on Instagram. The weird thing is that if I record a video on snapchat, the audio is perfectly fine, no static noise at all. I don't know if it's the mic or the speakers on my phone because the speakers on my phone play music perfectly fine and if I record a voice memo it sounds perfectly fine too.

Help! Any suggestions on whats wrong and what to do?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 10:15 PM

3 replies

Aug 4, 2015 3:05 PM in response to cparkkit

Hi ,cparkkit -

I understand you are having issues with the quality of video recordings on your iPhone 5. If you plug a pair of headphones into your iPhone, is the quality of the sound still poor for the videos you recorded with the camera app? That would help isolate the issue to your speakers. The same microphone is used to record video or voice memos or Snapchat, so it sounds like the issue might be with the speakers.

Take a look at the troubleshooting steps for sound issues and reply back with more information if you can.

Get help with hardware features on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201401

Regards,

Aug 9, 2015 7:12 AM in response to cparkkit

Hi cparkkit,

It sounds like you may need to have your iPhone examined by a technical advisor in an Apple Retail store or an Authorized Service provider to figure out if the issue is with your microphone or your speakers. The article above has the link initiate that support:

Issue not solved

If you still have an issue with your device, contact Apple Support.

Audio on Iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.