Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i do not have any thunderbolt devices

hi

i don't own any thunderbolt devices yet i still keep getting the update for thunderbolt how can i fix this issue?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:39 AM

6 replies

Aug 4, 2015 6:46 AM in response to mickm_83

This procedure will delete certain temporary and cache files used by system processes. The files are automatically generated and don't contain any of your data. Occasionally they can become corrupt and cause problems such as yours.

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/var/folders/zz

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with a subfolder named "zz" selected. Move that subfolder to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Aug 29, 2015 11:26 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi L,

I have iMac 27 2012 IOS 10.10.5

Have the same issue with this update not installing, (I have not thunderbolt devices) and this 1.2 update does not install.

On your first solution:

"Usually this issue can be resolved by downloading and applying the updater from the Apple Support website.

Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.2"

This leads to a Mountain lion update (not Yosemite), So my system does not fit the system requirements.

1- Can you point me to the correct download? (I searched for it and only the Mountain Lion is available)

2- If that does not work... Should I apply your second solution? (/var/folders/zz)

All the best!

i do not have any thunderbolt devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.