Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genius Bar Service Complaint

Apple don't exactly make it easy to make a complaint. Anyways, here's my story...

Recently I visited the Chermside Apple store to report and have diagnosed an issue with my iPhone with the Genius Bar staff. Support Case 745348912

It appeared the device would not take a charge.

By the end of the visit, it was diagnosed that "the battery was faulty and that the device was effectively dead", meaning there was no way of retrieving the date (photos mainly) that had previously been backed up before it broke down.

I was offered a replacement phone at a reduced price of $369, however rather than taking that option - and effectively surrendering my phone for good - I chose to hang onto it just in case I could find an alternative solution as I desperately wanted to get my holiday photos back.

So I persevered with the device (researching on the www) to see if I could it working again and as it happens my perseverance paid off.

It came online the following day, initially just long enough to back up my data, but now it seems to be working ok, with the exception that it will more than likely be requiring a new lightening dock. It’s only a hunch (I’m not a technician) but I don’t believe it is a battery fault, so I’ve ordered a new dock point to have installed at a much smaller cost than either;

1.) replacement phone (and photos/data gone forever)

2.) $600 to $1,100 cost of a data recovery service

Please look into this Apple, as i don’t believe I received an acceptable level of service. I left the store with what I thought to be an inoperable phone only to find later that all was not lost.

Had I given up however, I would have likely incurred a significant cost.

To date I have only high praise for Apple and it’s products/service, along with the One to One sessions which I have found invaluable.

However given this latest experience, I feel it my duty as a paying customer to bring this matter to your attention.

please feel free to contact me (ng_tindallshould you require any more back up information and/or feedback.

yours sincerely

Nigel Tindall

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:19 AM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 1:30 AM in response to ng_tindall

• Apple Feedback:

Tell us how we’re doing. Select the appropriate feedback option

(we read everything, but can’t always respond):

Genius Bar Service Complaint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.