Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently changed from iphone 5 to 6. Almost all of my music is gone. Apple *****.

Recently changed from iphone 5 to 6. Almost all of my music is gone. Apple *****. Tried to re-download previously bought music through the music app but then they want to charge me 10 freaking dollars a month for this Apple Music thing. I just want my music back and to be able to buy what i want when i want. Why does apple always shove stuff in your face that you don't even want? Why can't we have the freedom to chose what we want? i want the music i bought or transferred from cd's to be in my phone and want it to be my own, to be played whenever i want, mixed with nothing else that apple recommends or on a effing cloud! Is that too much to ask for?!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 12:53 AM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2015 1:11 AM in response to tharada

(Once more with feeling).

The Apple Music service is completely optional - you can even switch it off so you don't even see it.

You can still buy music from the iTunes store whenever you want.

Your previously purchased music is where it always was - iTunes Store - More - Purchased. Note - you do that through the iTunes Store NOT Apple Music - just like before.

Aug 3, 2015 7:31 AM in response to AKRBTN

Thank you for your prompt reply. That's good to know that the itunes is still intact. I just wish there was clearer instructions because many users will try to listen to their music thru the music app, just like they have done before, only to be told to pay $10 per month without any explanation that you can still download music like before (Because I don't buy $10 of music a month). Anyway, my problem with the missing songs still hasn't been solved. I will try synching my phone with my Microsoft pc itunes. I do appreciate your help though, and I know that you have probably responded to similar questions countless times now, but doesn't that say something about Apple and the way they change things and the decline in user-friendliness? If they did a better job, you wouldn't have to answer to so many repetitive inquiries.

Recently changed from iphone 5 to 6. Almost all of my music is gone. Apple *****.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.