Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

URGENT---I bought a Macbook Pro from Craigslist will Apple reset it for me?

Unfortunately, there is an ICloud lock on it, will Apple help me get rid of it and reset my Macbook Pro fresh? Its a mid 2014 model and I know it was purchased in November of 2014. The seller also told me it has Applecare till 2017. This is my first buy and I am very confused on the whole process.

I know there is a firmware and Icloud lock?

If I seek help from Apple, will they seize it claiming its a stolen item, and if they do will I get my money refunded.

Any expertise on this subject will be very useful

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:54 AM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2015 7:23 AM in response to ranasoraus

Apple is not the police and it has no legal right to seize anything. However, if you can't establish that you're the rightful owner of the device, Apple may refuse to unlock it for you. When you buy a portable computer from Craigslist, the chance that it's stolen property is very high. If it's also locked, the chance is 100%. You were the victim of a crime and you should report it to the police, and to Craigslist, for all the good it will do.

URGENT---I bought a Macbook Pro from Craigslist will Apple reset it for me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.