Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootcamp to upgrade to Windows 10

Has anyone upgraded their existing Bootcamp partition to Windows 10? I am running Windows 7 on a 2011 27inch iMac. Will an install delete my already installed partition or should I download the iso from Microsoft and run Bootcamp again?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 12:57 AM

6 replies

Aug 3, 2015 9:59 AM in response to mtfikhan

Well, I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 the first day it was launched, and the upgrade went without any issue. I only had to reinstall Boot Camp drivers after upgrading (brightness and volume keys were not working properly), but after that Windows 10 worked just like Windows 8.1.

mtfikhan wrote:

Has anyone upgraded their existing Bootcamp partition to Windows 10? I am running Windows 7 on a 2011 27inch iMac. Will an install delete my already installed partition or should I download the iso from Microsoft and run Bootcamp again?

Make sure you have installed all important and optional updates through Windows Update. Note that you have to be running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 too.

bootcamp to upgrade to Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.