Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since installing the latest iTunes my macbook pro runs very slow

Since installing the latest iTunes my macbook pro runs very slowly i get the spinning pinwheel all the time. Does not matter whether I am in Safari, iTunes ,Mail or any of my apps.

Very frustrating Is there a way to take the latest update out or is there something else I can try??

Michael

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 6:44 AM

Michael, this sounds like what happened to me. I never figured out the cause of the problem. Activity Monitor showed some mysterious (to me) root processes taking up a lot of CPU power, though seemingly not enough to account for the extreme slowdown. I theorized that maybe the installation process hadn't properly completed, so I re-downloaded iTunes from the direct link: https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

That seemed to work -- the installation went through, and the computer went back to operating at its normal speed. But I realize this is not a fully satisfactory answer, since I don't understand what happened.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 6:44 AM in response to michaelfromnakina

Michael, this sounds like what happened to me. I never figured out the cause of the problem. Activity Monitor showed some mysterious (to me) root processes taking up a lot of CPU power, though seemingly not enough to account for the extreme slowdown. I theorized that maybe the installation process hadn't properly completed, so I re-downloaded iTunes from the direct link: https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

That seemed to work -- the installation went through, and the computer went back to operating at its normal speed. But I realize this is not a fully satisfactory answer, since I don't understand what happened.

Since installing the latest iTunes my macbook pro runs very slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.