Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound at all but speakers work fine?

Hi! For almost a week now, I have been having a problem that a lot of people seem to have as well. My sound has stopped working. Without headphones, there's no sound whatsoever and the bell icon shows up but no dots are under it. I have tried EVERYTHING! I've tried sucking the phone, blowing into it, freezing it, using a q-tip, using a toothpick, a needle, you name it and I've probably tried it. I even restored my phone and that didn't help. Even if it does work, it usually only works for a few seconds...

I can hear perfectly fine without headphones in the Voice Memo app, in the Settings app, and when I get a call but I cannot hear music, videos, games, etc. With headphones, I can hear everything normally. I held onto the home button until Voice Control came on and the word iPhone had a check by it, so I am completely stumped. I have no idea what is wrong with it. I didn't drop it in water or anything like that so I don't know what's going on. There is not an Apple Store near me and I don't want to have to pay a lot of money just to say that they don't know what's wrong with it either. I don't know what to do, please help me!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 5:38 AM

There are no replies.

No sound at all but speakers work fine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.