Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringtone

Hi everybody! I use Russian AppStore and buy there two times two same ringtones, because at first time don't understand how it work. Now when open Options and go to Sounds there have two same ringtones. I don't understand, from my account take out money two times? And when I restore my phone or buy new iPhone, this ringtone will be at my Sounds already purchased too or need buy it again? I never use before iTunes and purchases there. And how I can delete from my Sounds same ringtone? Just one its okay. I don't need it too.🙂

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 2:21 AM

11 replies

Aug 3, 2015 3:25 AM in response to JeiDi1471523

Tones are a one-time only download from the store, each time that you download them you will be charged. You could try contacting iTunes Support and see if they will refund one of the purchases : http://reportaproblem.apple.com/

You can copy tones (and any other purchase) over to your computer's iTunes library via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases, you will then be able to sync it back to your phone if you need to restore the phone, or sync them to a new phone (and add them to your backup of your downloads/library). You've synced the phone to your computer ? If it's the first time that you'll be syncing to it : Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive

You can delete a tone from your phone via your computer's iTunes : connect the phone to your computer and select it in your computer's iTunes, and select the 'Tones' section under the 'on my device' heading :

User uploaded file

And use the right-hand side of the iTunes screen to select/highlight one of the copies and press the delete button on your keyboard.

Aug 5, 2015 7:25 AM in response to JeiDi1471523

That tone shows on the list, and if so you've tried deselecting it and resyncing (does that remove one or both copies ?), and then reselected it and resynced ?

I've had problems with a music track in the past and the only way that I was able to remove it was to restore to a backup. You could either live with it (none of my tones are very large and take up little space), see if iOS 9 in the Autumn fixes it (assuming that you update to iOS 9) or try restoring to your backup (after copying purchases over to your computer's iTunes library via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases)

Ringtone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.