Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation.

Ok so im having trouble getting windows onto my 2011 Macbook Pro in fact I've been trying for 3 days!!

I have tried many "fixes" and non of them seem to work i keep getting this error:

Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation.

I have now hit a brick wall and can't seem to find a solution online.

My current MacBook is the following:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011)

2 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

I have clean installed OSX 3 times, tried Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 still getting this error.

Im using a USB with windows created via Boot camp.

I have interrupted the install with a PRAM reset also formatted the drive with free space rather than using boot camp partition but again still get this error and im on the verge of giving up, my MB Pro nearly found itself in the garden via the window the other day. It just shouldn't be this hard.

I would appreciate very much it if some one could give me a solution. 😟

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 5:29 AM

5 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.