Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can the track names be restored to audiobooks now that they operate from iBooks instead of Music?

Hello,

i have just completed an update of software for my iPad. When I opened music it informed me that audio books now play from the iBooks App instead of the Music App. Upon opening the iBooks and locating the audiobooks area, I was stunned to discover that the divisions originally placed in the Audiobook no longer exist.

I have the Bible experience audio Bible for the Old Testament and New Testament. Previously in Music, the OT was divided up by books, and then chapters within the book tracks (I.e Genesis, Exodus, etc through to Malachi). The NT was divided into three chunks, and I had been able to rename them according to which books were contained in each of the three portions. For example the first track contains Matthew, Mark and Luke with segment two beginning with John.

now the OT merely has a list of 650 tracks with no dicrenable way of knowing which track is which. There was a section in the OT as well where some of the chapters were mixed up slightly - but we're able to be noted in the name of the track.

is there a way to reclaim those division and titles of tracks? Or is there at least a way I can change the track titles to label where each book of the bible begins?

before it was very simple to locate the portion I wished to listen to, but not in iBooks it's very difficult to make an accurate selection.

Help would be much much appreciated because much time was spent to identify which tracks pointed to which books, and now with the migration to iBooks, all has been lost. :-( it is quite unfortunate.

Also when in the Music App, it was possible to listen to the various chunks, and pause while listening, then move onto another section and listen there with out it losing your place. that's not possible now with the chapter break points now listed as tracks, rather that the book division (for OT) or sections (for NT) being the tracks.

looking forward to hearing a resolution.

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 4:43 AM

There are no replies.

How can the track names be restored to audiobooks now that they operate from iBooks instead of Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.