Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make folders in pages on Macbook Pro

I'm trying to organise my pages documents into folders because I have a lot of documents and I don't like how messy it looks. I am running the latest OS X 10.10.4 on a Macbook pro thats barely 8 months old.

I have tried holding down command, control, option and fn and nothing is working. I have seen in a lot of places that iCloud should be used but I just don't trust it enough to put all my university documents on there.

Thanks in advance for your help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 5:57 AM

Erin,

The Save and option-key Save As… panel in Pages can present itself in two styles: abbreviated, and expanded. The former will have the arrow button adjacent to the Save As field pointing down. Click this arrow button (it will then point up) to expand the Save panel and reveal the New Folder button along the bottom of the panel.

Before you click the New Folder button, ensure that you have navigated to the Favorites location on the left (e.g. Documents) that should contain your new folder. When you click the New Folder button, Pages will create the folder and then change directory into it. Until you click Save, there will be no document icons in this New Folder. Subsequent Pages Save operations will remember this new folder location, until you save elsewhere.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 5:57 AM in response to erinclairpotter

Erin,

The Save and option-key Save As… panel in Pages can present itself in two styles: abbreviated, and expanded. The former will have the arrow button adjacent to the Save As field pointing down. Click this arrow button (it will then point up) to expand the Save panel and reveal the New Folder button along the bottom of the panel.

Before you click the New Folder button, ensure that you have navigated to the Favorites location on the left (e.g. Documents) that should contain your new folder. When you click the New Folder button, Pages will create the folder and then change directory into it. Until you click Save, there will be no document icons in this New Folder. Subsequent Pages Save operations will remember this new folder location, until you save elsewhere.

How to make folders in pages on Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.