Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone PLEASE just show me how to add a page in Pages?! Why is this so difficult???

I'm very disappointed in your product. You frustrate me EVERY day. When I had Publisher, all I had to do was go to the menu, click on Insert - Page and voila! A new page appeared! Why can't I do that here??? Can you or someone PLEASE just show me how to add a page in Pages?!

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:13 AM

10 replies

Aug 3, 2015 9:02 AM in response to Mel in Fondy

1. Apple is not here. This is a user to user forum. We are all users like yourself. This is not our product.

2. To add a page, like in any other word processor, like Microsoft Word, you hit the enter key several times until you move to another page. This is standard behavior for word processors.

Pages on iCloud is not like Publisher, or even like Pages on a Mac, its more like Microsoft Word in that respect.

3. When using a new Product, its best not to expect it to work like a previous one, but start by understanding how it operates, and what is different..

Aug 3, 2015 9:07 AM in response to Phil0124

But I AM on a Mac! I'm not in the cloud at all.

I'm making custom labels. At the end of the page, you'd think that if I'm copying and pasting and I'm at the end of the page, it would make me a new page. Or at the very least, where it says "Insert" at the top of the page, there would be a way I could just click on something that says "Page" and that would be that! That's what I used to do in Publisher! I don't understand why this is so difficult! And why, if Mac suggested I go here, are they not a part of the solution?!?!

Aug 3, 2015 9:21 AM in response to Mel in Fondy

Then why did you post in the iWork for iCloud forum? That implies you are using Pages for iCloud. Not Pages on your Mac.

We still don't know exactly what you are using.

The first thing to do when trying to get help, is to get all the details of your issue correct. Otherwise you get answers that may not apply at all.

Since you have not told us, what version of Pages are you using, if you indeed are using Pages.

Click on the Pages name on the top bar of your Mac, and then on About Pages.

If it does not say Pages at the top, then what does it say exactly?

I will request this thread be moved to the Pages for Mac Forum, instead of iWorks for iCloud.

Aug 3, 2015 9:38 AM in response to Mel in Fondy

So what version of Pages are you using? Those details are important - your profile shows iWork beta. If it is the latest (v. 5.x with Mac OS Yosemite), then you can look at these instructions:

User uploaded file

If you look at the top tool bar in Pages, you will see help - choose that and simply enter "add blank page" in the search field. You should get the above instructions.

Can someone PLEASE just show me how to add a page in Pages?! Why is this so difficult???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.