Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped my phone in the sea and it sunk

hi I was just wandering if apple would cove my phone which I dropped in the sea I have apple care plan or if anyone knows how I can get It covered - I can't afford another one

iPad

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 4:56 AM

9 replies

Aug 3, 2015 6:20 AM in response to Sport993

Even with AppleCare+ it wouldn't cover if the iPhone sunk in the sea and it wasn't recovered. Same with theft. AppleCare+ (if available in your country) must be purchased within 30 days of the purchase of the iPhone and allows two incidences of accidental damage to the iPhone. With each incident, the damage iPhone must be taken or shipped to Apple and they won't do anything for a lost or stolen device. Unfortunately this will go down as a very expensive lesson. If you are going to have your device around water, best to have a waterproof and/or floating case to keep these things from happening. As others have suggested, check with your home or travel insurance or if you purchased it with a credit card, check to see if they have a provision that covers something like this.

Aug 3, 2015 6:25 AM in response to Sport993

Hello Sport993,

Where exactly are you located and can you confirm if your Apple Care is the normal Apple Care or the + (plus) version?

Then; are you on Holiday? And as I suggested at the beginning, have you checked your household or holiday insurance?

This is not going to be an instant replacement whatever your answers, what they can do is help establish the cheapest way to recover the costs of a replacement.

Dropped my phone in the sea and it sunk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.