Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iMovie 10.0.9 Max Length of a Movie is 15 Mins

I was really shocked when I learnt that the newly launched iMovie 10.0.9 can export a movie of max 15 mins. I had recently shot a family function using Gopro camera. And when I wanted to show it to my family, I had to show it in pieces of 15 mins each, which was ridicules! Everybody literally laughed at apple and it's policies. When previously with the earlier versions of iMovie I had created movies of longer length. I think apple is deteriorating with its every version. Can anybody help me to make a 2 Hour movie using iMove?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 5:26 AM

4 replies

Aug 3, 2015 5:32 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Thanks for your reply Quiicktime. But trust me. I tried it. When you try to export any video more than 15mins of length to the Theatre, it doesn't go and a buzz sound is heard. The moment u make it lesser than 15 mins, it gets exported easily. Try it.

Further, there is no other option of exporting the video directly to iTunes Home Vidoes without going through the Theatre.

I'm sure apple will soon have a Paid version of iMovie or might be having a Paid option of doing so, to take out some more money from the Apple Slaves.

In iMovie 10.0.9 Max Length of a Movie is 15 Mins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.