Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem Preview App Opening at Login

Hello, I am having an issue with my Preview App opening at login. For some reason a specific picture opens with the preview app each time i restart or reboot.😕

I verified that the Preview App is NOT set to open at login, and i have even went as far as deleting (and emptied the trash) the picture in which it likes to open each time.

Is this a bug within 10.10.4 or is it a result of something i have done?

This was not an issue yesterday, but today it is. The only thing i have done is import my pictures to my Photo.app and install a OneDrive.app update.

Let me know if you have any suggestions how to resolve this issue or if you have questions that may help in assisting to fix the issue.

About My Mac

MacPro (Mid 2012)

3.2Ghz Quad Intel

6GB Memory

OSX 10.10.4

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 6:30 AM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 7:29 AM in response to mpbaker82

One of your login items may be causing the problem. Select the Login Items tab in the Users & Groups pane of System Preferences. Delete any items that you don't recognize. If you're not sure which ones to delete, double-click each to test it.

To avoid confusion, note that checking or unchecking the box next to a login item does not inactivate it. You have to delete the item from the list.

Problem Preview App Opening at Login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.