Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac setup is frozen on "Setting up your mac"

Just purchased an iMac, turned it on and followed the steps as prompted (choosing language, connecting to my WiFi network, setting up account, and so on), but now it has been frozen for 6 hours on a screen that says "Setting up Your Mac....". Not sure what to do here, as I'm reluctant to power-off the thing mid setup.... any suggestions? Note that this is the very first time I have ever turned this on (just got it out of box from the shop).

iMac

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 6:05 AM

Force turn it off, (hold down power button in back) and restart. If it freezes again, return it and get another. Also you have 90 days of free AppleCare telephone support, you should be calling them. Complimentary AppleCare Support provides more information, if you are outside the USA you have the same coverage but the phone number will be different.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 6:05 AM in response to peterfromasquith

Force turn it off, (hold down power button in back) and restart. If it freezes again, return it and get another. Also you have 90 days of free AppleCare telephone support, you should be calling them. Complimentary AppleCare Support provides more information, if you are outside the USA you have the same coverage but the phone number will be different.

My iMac setup is frozen on "Setting up your mac"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.