Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the synths in GB 10?

Up until GB 6, there were several synths (Analog Basic, Digital Stepper, Hybrid Morph, etc) available in the software instrument edit window. Are these still part of GB 10? If so, where are they hiding?

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 5:43 AM

5 replies

Aug 3, 2015 5:57 AM in response to Doxster

Check out the "Legacy" section of the Library. Older sounds from previous GarageBAnd versions will show as "Legacy", if you did not uninstall the older versions, but let the instrument library remain installed. If you are missing sounds, enter the name into the search field, while you have a software instrument track selected in the Track Area.

User uploaded file

Aug 3, 2015 1:58 PM in response to Doxster

It is difficult for me to say, because I have Logic Pro X and Main Stage installed , in addition to GarageBand. That replaced some of the sounds by Logic instruments. So most of them are now showing for me in the Logic section. You should be seeing them in Legacy > GarageBand, if they are still installed.

The old sounds should have remained installed, unless you uninstalled GarageBand 6.0.5, before you installed GarageBand 10.0.

Do you have an older Time Machine backup, so you could compare the Instrument Library?

Check the system Library folder at the top-level of your MacintoshHD:

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Track Settings/Software/Synth Pads/

User uploaded file

Aug 3, 2015 2:57 PM in response to Doxster

The sound generator plug-ins for GarageBand '11 are installed in

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Plug-In Settings/Analog Pad/ ......

User uploaded file

But I don't see a possibility to use them directly in GarageBand 10, like you could in GarageBand '11. They are only indirectly available as configured patches. Try to save instruments in GarageBand '11; then they should appear in GarageBand 10 as User Patches.

Where are the synths in GB 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.