Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error message out of memory using Camtasia

Hi all

I'm using Camtasia to screen grab and record some online training (24 hrs+) in one hit and this morning I appear to have the dreaded spinning cursor and no real response from Force quitting programs that are open; Camtasia, Safari and Screen grab

Error message says not enough application memory even though I'm saving the recording to an external hard drive (500GB). Before I can start in safe mode I need to save this file so that I don't loose it as the onlinelive training won't be repeated. Also I don't wish to force quit camtasia either as this will also loose the file.

Are there any keyboard short cuts to help me out as the mouse cursor is just spinning?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Dominic

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 1TB, 8GB RAM

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 5:39 AM

The collection of processes you have running have used up all the virtual memory address space OS X can manage.

Chances are you have one process that is consuming a huge amount of memory, frequently due to a memory leak bug.

Applications -> Utilities -> Activity Monitor -> Memory will hopefully identify the offending process. Once you know that, you can formulate a plan of action, or at least consult with the forum for a plan of action.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 5:39 AM in response to Dommo12

The collection of processes you have running have used up all the virtual memory address space OS X can manage.

Chances are you have one process that is consuming a huge amount of memory, frequently due to a memory leak bug.

Applications -> Utilities -> Activity Monitor -> Memory will hopefully identify the offending process. Once you know that, you can formulate a plan of action, or at least consult with the forum for a plan of action.

error message out of memory using Camtasia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.