Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading docs to iCloud

I hope I explain this clearly. I am a grad student and have thousands of pdfs I need to store in iCloud Drive. I have 200gb plan.

I want to be able to access docs via GoodReader on my iPad and iPhone via iCloud Drive.

I am running OS X Mavericks.

In the old days one could simply transfer files to iCloud via iDisk directly in Finder. I know if I upgraded to Yosemite I would have iCloud Drive in Finder and would probably simply be able to transfer one single folder directly there. However, I have no interest in upgrading to Yosemite as it doesn't agree with me. I love Mavericks and want to stay with it.

I attempted to upload files directly via web iCloud.com but can only transfer one file at a time and it was way too slow with the rate of about two files per hour. With thousand of files and multiple folders that will never work.

Is there some other way I can keep Mavericks and get all these docs to iCloud Drive? Perhaps ftp? Or anything?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 4:54 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2015 9:07 AM in response to Vamous

Solution: Forgot about iCloud Drive. Went with Dropbox Pro instead. Unfortunately Dropbox Pro is more expensive than iCloud Drive ($10 for 1TB instead of $4 for 200GBs). I already have a Dropbox folder. Simply copy and pasted a single folder with all the docs I need synced (already organized) and did so in less than a minute. Still waiting on everything to sync but the hardest part is over.

Uploading docs to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.