Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scala riders q2 with IOS 8.4

i recently upgraded from my iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6 plus running iOS 8.4. I had full operation with the iPhone 5 and iOS 8.1.x. Since this upgrade, my Scala rider q2 will pair via bluetooth and play music only. The Bluetooth headet does not appear under my phone app. Anyone else seeing this issue? Is there a fix coming in iOS9?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 7:20 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 6:41 AM in response to Dtdm

Hello there, Dtdm.

It sounds like after upgrading to a new iPhone 6 plus, you are having issues paring your Bluetooth headphones. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for troubleshooting:

Get help connecting a Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Try these steps first

1. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory and iOS device are close to each other.
  2. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is on and fully charged or connected to power. If it uses batteries, test them to see if they need to be replaced.
  3. Restart your Bluetooth accessory.
  4. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  5. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is on. If you can’t turn Bluetooth on or you see a spinning gear, restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  6. Unpair the Bluetooth accessory, put the accessory back in discovery mode, then pair and connect it again.

If you still can't pair or connect your Bluetooth accessory

Check with the Bluetooth manufacturer to make sure that your accessory works with your iOS device. Contact Apple Support if you have any of these issues:
  • You can’t turn on Bluetooth or the setting is grayed out.
  • You can’t connect any Bluetooth accessories with your device.
  • The accessory manufacturer confirmed that your accessory is working correctly.

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Scala riders q2 with IOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.