Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MBP, best display resolution for editing?

Hi

Just got a new 2015 MBP. The default display resolution was not the max. That is 1900x1200 (tho the retina rez is 2880x1800). Wouldn't it be advisable to use the highest display rez? Seems like I could get more on the screen that way.

Or, maybe a better question: What display rez are other MBP owners using to edit FCPX?

best

elmer

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:26 AM

While you can get more on the screen using a higher pixel count, the items will all be reduced in size.

Most MPB editors end up with multiple displays so they're not squinting.

4 replies

Aug 3, 2015 9:33 AM in response to David Bogie Chq-1

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry, but the "This solved my question" button wasn't showing, so I clicked the other. This site is kinda weird that way.

Anyways, I appreciate the info, I hope you don't mind this query:

Considering I've spent most of what I have, any displays to check out for under $500? I was thinking I may have to stick with the MBP because at what I can afford, I probably won't get equal resolution/color quality.

Thanks again.

elmer

Aug 3, 2015 11:15 AM in response to elmerlang

Thanks for the kind thoughts but I haven't really solved this for you, just mentioned one or two of what could be several issues for you as you move to a portable for editing video. There are many cheap displays you can get that will plug into the MacBook. You just need to make sure you have the correct adapters and they are compatible.

The Thunderbolt ports can be daisy chained to one or more screens, it's the TB ports for the cheap monitors that may be impossible to find.

Might try dropping by the MacBook forum and searching for compatible displays.

New MBP, best display resolution for editing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.