Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to CarPlay

I've just purchased a new SEAT with the VW MIB II system. The salesman showed me how he could connect his iphone with the CarPlay in the system (in my car), but when I tries with my iPhone 5, the MIB II system tells me to unlock the phone and the pairing processes is aborted.

Since I'm using my phone in my work, I've a certificate on the phone + using an Exchange account. I remember that when I configured this exchange account, the behavior changed in my phone so that I'd to change the phone PIN periodically, in addition, the phone goes into locked mode rather quick (a minute or so). Seems impossible to remove that behavior without removing the mail account. So I did that - and I upgraded the phone, restarted it, reconnected and so on - multiple times - without any luck, same problem.

However, it still can't connect with the CarPlay unit. I'm confused and annoyed....

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4, CarPlay

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 5:51 AM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 12:21 PM in response to Nepholog

Solved!!!

I purchased a new Lightning Cable and - Suddenly it works like a Dream !!!!

Strange that it was possible for the car salesman to use my (original Apple) Cable but not working with my iPhone. I forgot to check his iPhone, but it was probably an iPhone 6.

Most noticable is that the new Cable is a "no-name", but certified.

Can't connect to CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.