Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos can't find the 'Volume's for my last imports, it says find originals?

I imported as usual, and correctly, 58 photos from my camera to PHOTOS, which said-58 photos successfully imported. But I am unable to edit them, because a message comes up --'Cant find VOLUME , Connect the disk or mount the server volume needed, then try again. Find original' . By which time I have deleted all from camera. The photos are there, and all info is there as usual, but the is a small white square in the L hand bottom corner, with a red line through it, and an arrow. This is the second time this has happened, but the first time I still had the photos on my camera. Help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.0.x), running Yosemite

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:48 AM

It sounds like you have unchecked the preference to copy imported items to the Photos library giving you a referenced library - that is not a good idea and has many drawbacks only one of which you are seeing - I suggest you check that option again and never uncheck it again

LN

8 replies

Aug 6, 2015 8:18 AM in response to jillfromforestrow

Is the symbol one of these badges?

Display titles, other metadata, and badges

Photos can display the title you assign to photos in the Info window, metadata (other information about each photo, such as its file type), and badges that identify whether the photo has been edited, had keywords added, and more.

Set Photos to display titles, metadata, or badges: Choose View > Metadata > [Metadata name].

Badge

Meaning

User uploaded file

Photo has been edited.

User uploaded file

Photo has had keywords applied.

User uploaded file

Photo’s location has been identified on a map.

User uploaded file

Photo has been marked as a favorite.

User uploaded file

Item is a video clip.

User uploaded file

Item is a slo-mo clip.

User uploaded file

Item is a time-lapse clip.

User uploaded file

Original photo is stored in another location (not in the Photos library on your Mac).

User uploaded file

Original photo was taken as a High Dynamic Range (HDR) photo that combines three photos taken at different exposures.

LN

Photos can't find the 'Volume's for my last imports, it says find originals?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.