Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook can't get Photos app or update iPhoto

I have a black macbook late 2006 which can run no newer operating system than Lion 10.7.5. I want to back up my photos to iCloud, but I can't get the new Photos app and I can't update my iPhotos 8.1.2 via the App store or by doing 'software update'. Any suggestions?

MacBook (13-inch Late 2006), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 6:33 AM

7 replies

Aug 7, 2015 1:33 PM in response to LarryHN

Thanks for your post, LarryHN. Bit confused. When I try to set up my iCloud, it has Photostream unchecked. I clicked on Learn More and it takes me to this link: iPhoto and Aperture: Using Photo Stream - Apple Support. This made me think I need to have iPhoto to get Photostream to be able to set, or is Photostream only on iPads and iPhones? Could I just copy my Pictures folder to my iCloud instead?

macbook can't get Photos app or update iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.