Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

version 6. 1. 6.10B500 is this compatable for 30 pin or 8pin docking

ipod version 6.1.6. (10B500) Model MC540BT/A wanting to buy a DAB radio with docking but I am confused with the details of pin as if a 8pin or 30 pin and the difference between these and the lightening mentioned in the description.

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 6:51 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 6:29 AM in response to anonawilliamson

Hello anonawilliamson,
I understand that you are wanting more information on your iPod touch to purchase an accessory to go along with it. I can tell you that you have a 30-pin dock connector as opposed to a Lightning connector. As far as the accessory, I am unable to give you more information because I do not know the exact details. Take a look at the tech specs for your specific iPod touch for more information to help better make a decision.
iPod touch (4th generation) - Technical Specifications
https://support.apple.com/kb/SP594

Take care

version 6. 1. 6.10B500 is this compatable for 30 pin or 8pin docking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.