Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do Colors fail in Pages?

My Subject line says what I want: here are details ...

Happily, I use an iMac. On a Saturday afternoon, I feel Happy to see a Major League Baseball game. :-) But ...

As I run this video in the background, then the colors in Pages do not work. (When I highlight any word & I choose a crayon other-than Black, then that word dumbly, stays Black.

Opinions, please? Thank you.

P. S. Further crimping my style is this Board not letting me change colors in the Subject line. < Sigh! >

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 4 GB of RAM

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 7:21 AM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2015 10:18 AM in response to Bob Novy

If you "highlight any word & I choose a crayon other-than Black" you are leaving out a step. After you select a block of text, you have to tell it that you want to change the text color (by clicking the rainbow wheel next to the Text Color well in the Inspector, if you want to use the system
Color Picker to select one of the crayons), otherwise, Pages has no way of knowing how you want to apply the color.

Consider:

User uploaded file

In the screenshot, I selected a paragraph and applied six different colors all to the same selection at the same time. Pages can't read your mind and know that just because you have selected some text and picked a color, you want that to be the color for the text's characters when it could just as well be the color of the strikethrough or the color of the underline or the Paragraph Fill Color or the Character Fill color or the color of a shadow.

Why do Colors fail in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.