Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and new phone

Hello!

So, I've had a fair few iPhones over the years and I doubt I've been using them to their full potential. I've always had this one problem. I have an iPad and a macbook Pro and of course I want the photos I take on my new phone to sync with the computer so I am able to have them on there. However, I do not want my new phone to have all the photos from my laptop (3000+, who has the storage for that!). How do I go about this?

Many thanks 🙂

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:42 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 7:04 AM in response to madiieienf

Hello madiieienf,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you want photos from the iPhone to get to the computer. You don't want the existing computer photos to be added to the iPhone. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

This explains how to get the photos to the Mac, and explains what would have to happen to get new photos onto the iPhone.

My Photo Stream FAQ - Apple Support

With My Photo Stream, you can access the recent photos that you take with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, on your Mac and PC.

Photos that you take on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch will automatically upload to My Photo Stream when you leave the Camera app and connect to Wi-Fi. And new photos that you import on your Mac to iPhoto or Aperture automatically upload when you connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet. You can change your iPhoto or Aperture preferences so that only photos you manually add to My Photo Stream upload.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

iCloud and new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.