Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone know how to get updates for this Apps Store application?

I'm at a loss as to how I can get any updates - essentially bug-fixes - for Photoshop Elements 12 Editor, which a year ago I purchased and downloaded from the Apps Store. If anyone knows EXACTLY how to get updates for this I'd sorely like to know. Incidentally, before you delete my posting and/or tell me to go to the Adobe website for updates let me just say that I've already tried that avenue and there are no such updates available via Adobe, as far as I've been able to determine.

The Editor-only version 12 of Elements (without Organiser) was crafted, it appears, especially for Apple and a year ago was selling on the Apps Store. I bought and downloaded it from there (costing me about £60, I seem to recall) and therefore have been using it for a year or so. However, it does have some important bugs, the worst of which is it crashing sometimes when you try to prepare an image for the Web using Save for Web. All I can then do is a Force Quit and re-open the app to try again.

The problem is that there's no setting or menu command whatever in the app for getting updates. (I've tried everything, and more, under Help, and looked through all PE's Preferences settings). When I first started using it I assumed I'd get automatic notification of updates for it from the Apps Store and that they'd then download from there, but I've never had any.

I notice that Elements 12 Editor's no longer available from the Apps Store, so why did Apple remove it from there? And it'd seem daft to have made available on the Apps Store a fairly expensive application without then providing any means to update it for security and other bug-fixes.

I've spent hours and hours scouring the Adobe website but Adobe's updates go nowhere near this version. Okay, there's Adobe's own current v13 of Elements (with Organiser) available for purchase and download at the Adobe website, but I neither want nor need that.

I'm sure that many others who bought Elements 12 Editor from the Apps Store must have encountered the same problem. So, where on earth do you get updates for it? Anyone here had the same problem?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:43 AM

There are no replies.

Anyone know how to get updates for this Apps Store application?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.