Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suffle play artists catalogue

since the latest upgrade ( or downgrade depending) I can no longer shuffle an artist full catalog, only a single album. How do I shuffle the entire catalog?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:50 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 8:00 AM in response to Joonzs

Hello Joonzs,

I understand you want to shuffle all of the songs that you have on your iPhone for a particular artist. To do this, sort the music in your library by the Artist category. (See Choose a sorting method below).

User uploaded file

To select an artist, tap on the image to the left of their name. A song by that artist will start playing. At the bottom of your screen, tap on the Miniplayer. You will see the Now Playing screen which is in full-screen mode. If the shuffle button is not already enabled, tap it. To go back to the Miniplayer, tap the down arrow in the top-left corner of the Now Playing screen.

User uploaded file

Joonzs, I'll include some information about the new Music app below for you to explore. Check out the Music section of the iPhone User Guide starting on page 69.

iPhone User Guide
https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1565/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf

Control playback

Tap a song to play it and show the Miniplayer. Tap the Miniplayer to show the

Now Playing screen, where you can do the following:

• Tap to skip to the next song.

• Tap to return to the song’s beginning.

• Double-tap to play an album or playlist’s previous song.

Skip to any point in a song. Drag the playhead. Decrease the scrubbing speed by sliding your finger down the screen.

Share music. Tap , then choose a sharing option.

Shuffle. Tap User uploaded file to play your songs in random order.

Repeat. Tap to repeat an album or playlist. Double-tap to repeat a single song.

More. Tap ​ ​ ...​ ​ for additional options

Enjoy the music!

Suffle play artists catalogue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.