Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID email notifications not received anymore

Two days ago I logged few times (with two different apple id) on iCloud using the iCloud panel in OS X or web browsers. And each time I did it I received a notification by email from Apple informing me that " the Apple ID xxx has been used to connect to iCloud ". Ok that's normal I receive that since it exists but today it's stopped.

When I log on iCloud, and even when I buy an app by Mac App Store, no notification at all. I have no track to know when I use my apple ids to do something !

The only thing I've done yesterday is in the Mail section of iCloud accessed by web browser : In Settings you can redirect incoming mails to another email address and right then automatically delete those mails once redirected. I checked both. It's said we have to be sure the recipient address has been validated in Apple ID account, what I had done. I unchecked "Move deleted mails to Trash" too. (I wanted to receive Apple ID notifications on the address I daily use on my phone, not to have to log on iCloud each time, I don't use iCloud mailbox often but need to have somewhere else a look on my ID use when it happens). I tested by sending an email from the recipient address to the iCloud adress and I get this mail in the recipient incoming box indeed so it works except Apple doesn't email me.

Since I realized the problem I've resetted these settings.. in vain. Even with my other Apple ID for which I didn't change the Mail default settings it doesn't work anymore. What is radical and strange is that I get no more notifications of my identification on Mac App Store and maybe on iTunes Store too I haven't tried. And I know these Apple notifications are not made to be disabled by client. So ??

It's not OS related, I have the problem while using Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion on 2 macbook pro.

Thank you for helping me, I'll try to do same

Cheers

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 6:50 AM

2 replies

Apple ID email notifications not received anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.