Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not working with Windows 10

I have the latest version of iTunes (12.2?) and Windows 10 and it doesn't allow me to "authorize" my computer. So I can't synch any device. You would think Apple would be more proactive on this since they knew the date it would be released months ago.

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 7:23 AM

4 replies

Aug 4, 2015 1:33 PM in response to boBNunny

I can play music that is on my PC. However, iTunes will not play music that is on "For You".

I suspect that the fault here lies with MS and the sub-Beta level of Windows 10, rather than anything Apple did or did do. However, it is eating into the time on the free trial of Apple Music and I would be glad for a resolution

I have tried turning off the Windows firewall

I have reinstalled iTunes

I have deauthorized and then reauthorized my PC

I have logged and out and logged back into my iTuneas account

I have verified that I can listen to "For You" Playlists on my iOS devices.

Aug 4, 2015 2:01 PM in response to Pyrowin

You may have to consider a clean install of Win 10

there are no fundamental issues with Win10 and iTunes .I upgraded 3 x Pcs and all work perfectly with iTunes and that was using the upgrade path

including a very old Sony Vaio which shipped with XP

There is a process for removing iTunes

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

iTunes not working with Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.