Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uneven screen brightness in night mode in iBooks on iPad

This started several updates ago, & I keep hoping Apple will fix it. When my iBooks is set to night mode & I adjust the brightness as low as it will go, there is a section on one side of the screen that is brighter than the other side. The only way to make it even is to set the brightness a little bit higher than I prefer.

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 7:24 AM

11 replies

Aug 3, 2015 10:58 AM in response to AJ397

I've done factory resets since this problem started occurring. Since this is the only app that does this (no problem in Nook, Kindle, or Kobo), I don't think it's a problem with the screen. Next time I'm going to be near an Apple Store, I'll make an appointment. Thank you for your time and suggestions, Questionasker3.

Aug 10, 2016 11:42 PM in response to tralaladeda

In case you haven't found this fix yet, it works perfectly. You'll have to do it again every time you turn the brightness back up, but it's a really easy fix and only takes two seconds:

by Killaakuma,

User uploaded fileKillaakumaDec 9, 2014 4:22 AM in response to amfox34

User uploaded fileLevel 1 (0 points)

I may have a fix for everyone. I updated my iPad 2 a day or so ago, and now run into the same issue as everyone else. Try this, open ibooks, go to the book you want, now hit the options button turn the brightness up, then flip your iPad to portrait view now turn the brightness all the way down, then flip back to landscape. This sould fix any issues. atleast its what works for me. This is a stupid fix, but what do we expect. We dont have iPad air's or i phone 10s so why should we have any technical support for old out dated tech that they dont care about anymore.

Uneven screen brightness in night mode in iBooks on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.