Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 bad_pool_header error

Hi

I installed Windows 10 no problem on top of Windows 7 under Boot Camp.

Startup is quite slow, including 2 minutes of blank screen. But the lrager problem is half the startups result in a "bad_pool_header" error and then it reboots after collecting some system information.

I can disable the Generic PnP Monitor driver under the device manager once it's up and running, and it's stable after that, but every time I reboot Windows it reenables the Generic PnP Monitor. Is there a way to NOT have it reenabled, so my bootups don't crash so often?

(I know disabling the Generic PnP Monitor driver helped under Windows 8 with the same crash, according to several things I've read online).

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 7:59 AM

3 replies

Dec 27, 2015 9:25 AM in response to PJBCT

(did copy and paste my answer from another thread, sorry, I'm rather new around here..)

I do have w10 via bootcamp on a mid 11 iMac.
Had the BsoD with Bad_Pool_Header for some days now, but eventually was able to locate a new AMD/Intel driver (for Graphics) as source of the issue.
Rolling back to the old driver did work....... but w10 installed the new one, again. 😉

😉

Hopefully, I did find a solution (got a german version, so maybe I won't get all the words right):

Go to System Features (Systemeigenschaften) / Hardware, where you'll find a button called Device Installation Settings (Geräteinstallationseinstellungen).
There you can stop w10 from automatically installing new drivers.

Then, I found an MS tool called wushowhide.diagcab to 'hide' updates causing problems.
Using this tool, you can disable certain drivers/updates.
That seems to do the trick.

..or so I hope.. 😉😉

Windows 10 bad_pool_header error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.