Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text changes size mid-clip

Hi all,

During replay the occasional text layer/layers 'changes size' mid clip. The size in the inspector does not change though, just on screen during playback. I thought it may be because it hadn't rendered fully, or perhaps it was just a playback glitch within the program but the size change does occur after output. It is most peculiar!

Sometimes it happens before a dissolve or just after, sometimes it is near a blade cut, sometimes in the middle of clip.

Not sure if pix below will help clarify what is happening but worth a try. Pic 1 is where it should be, Pic 2 the text has become smaller and thinner. Is there anyway I can upload a video of the playback?

Anybody else come across this?

Many thanks

Gill

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 6:57 AM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 7:53 AM in response to GillHarris

I agree that it must be disconcerting, this change. I cannot see any reason for it.

I would try deleting the render files.

Regarding how to post a video: you can't upload one, but you can post somewhere, like youtube, or your dropbox, and post a link.

(note: just looking at the files above it was not so clear, but I layered one on top the other and the difference is then very visible)

Text changes size mid-clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.