Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8.4 taking too much space

I have an itouch 5th gen with 60 GB of memory.

I use it primarily as an mp3 player, to check email/twitter/facebook, and take photos.

Before the latest software update I have 12 GB of free space and now I literally have 0. iBooks alone is taking up 6.7 GB even though I have no books loaded.

None of the "preloaded apps" are deletable.

Does anyone have any tips to get around this memory drain? Does anyone know if ios 9 will fix this issue?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:59 AM

What have you tried to see if they free up some space e.g.

- soft-reset of the iPod

- backing up (and copying purchases over to your computer's iTunes library ; and preferably taking your own copy of any important documents/photos) and restoring to the backup

- resetting back to factory defaults (after copying off your purchases and any documents, photos that you want to keep) and syncing content back

(iOS 9 is in beta, and therefore still being tested, anybody who has it will have signed a non-disclosure agreement.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 8:59 AM in response to kmwlady

What have you tried to see if they free up some space e.g.

- soft-reset of the iPod

- backing up (and copying purchases over to your computer's iTunes library ; and preferably taking your own copy of any important documents/photos) and restoring to the backup

- resetting back to factory defaults (after copying off your purchases and any documents, photos that you want to keep) and syncing content back

(iOS 9 is in beta, and therefore still being tested, anybody who has it will have signed a non-disclosure agreement.)

ios 8.4 taking too much space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.