Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to download the free version of Quicktime and nothing happens

I'm using a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 64-bit. Firefox notified me that Quicktime is out of date. I tried to update it before with no success. My current version dates back to 2011 so you can see I haven't had any luck for a very long time. Just setting up an ID in Apple is enough to deter anyone from spending the 30 minutes that I've wasted so far just to get an ID.

I found what I thought was the download page. It showed me as being in Costa Rica where I'm working temporarily. I'm from Arizona, USA. I don't want messages in Spanish; So I changed my location to the US. I don't want any advertisements so I unclicked that. I hit download and a little pop-up box says Save File, so I clicked on that and it disappeared without asking where to save it. And nothing else has happened. I can't find the downloaded (supposedly) file anywhere on my laptop. I've wasted 50 minutes on this so far and trust me, I don't think it's worth losing that much time out of my life for this.

Why can't it be designed simply and so it works?

What do I need to do to get this downloaded and installed? Or should I just forget it?

Quicktime free version-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:04 PM

latest QT Win download page > https://support.apple.com/kb/DL837?locale=en_US

3 replies

Aug 19, 2015 9:58 AM in response to morlaine

You're welcome.

Unlike other more traditional tech forums, we (users like you) don't 'close' issues.

Apple CAN, and sometimes does, close (their term is "Locked") very old threads that have lost their value to expound the quantity or quality of knowledge contained in them.

Anyway, don't worry about this one... it will fade into obscurity.

buenos tardes

ÇÇÇ

I tried to download the free version of Quicktime and nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.