Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Express Slow Download Speed

Just set up my airport express, created a new network and it is hardwired(ethernet into main modem) and am losing considerable amounts of download speed when on this new network, close to 150MBps.. I am sure it has something to do with how I have the advanced settings wrong and am just looking for some help to get this AirPort Express up to par as far as download speeds. No issues with upload speeds at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all so much!

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:14 AM

You will never get anything over 100 Mbps (typically much less than that) with the any of the AirPort Express base stations as their Ethernet ports are only bandwidth rated for 100 Mbps. You will either need to upgrade your Express for an Extreme or use another manufacturers' product for your network.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 9:14 AM in response to KennyKicks

You will never get anything over 100 Mbps (typically much less than that) with the any of the AirPort Express base stations as their Ethernet ports are only bandwidth rated for 100 Mbps. You will either need to upgrade your Express for an Extreme or use another manufacturers' product for your network.

Aug 3, 2015 9:17 AM in response to Tesserax

AirPort extreme the way to go then? I guess I am just being a weirdo and wanting to sync all of my devices on one network of my own as it is a shared router between myself and roommates.. But thank you very much for the response so quickly, I am just wondering with all of the google fiber/gigapower, etc rolling out that this would still be the case..

Aug 3, 2015 9:24 AM in response to KennyKicks

Since the 2nd generation of the AirPort Extreme, all of these base stations have Gigabit Ethernet ports. However, I would recommend that you either go with the 4th gen or later Extremes (these have WAN-LAN throughput in the 300 Mbps+ range) or (if you require more control over your router) something provided by another manufacturer.

AirPort Express Slow Download Speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.