Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I really hate the new version of itunes...Can I uninstall it and install an earlier version?

The cd rip feature in the new version of itunes is so slow it's unusable...I want to uninstall this version and install an earlier version that works better...Can I?

Billy

itunes for windows-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 7:25 AM

2 replies

Aug 15, 2015 8:14 AM in response to Hastur11

I agree. iTunes 12.xx is very slow to run and then it takes a long time for it to recognize a CD. If I just leave the CD in the tray, it can take up to 4 hours for iTunes to recognize it and start the download process. Thank goodness I didn't upgrade my other computer to iTunes 12. It continues to work very quickly as before.

<Edited by Host>

I really hate the new version of itunes...Can I uninstall it and install an earlier version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.