Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have erased my MacBook hard drive and now am attempting to re-install by access the applice store, I get the message: Ths item is temporarily unavailble

How do I access re-install service for MacBook?

I have erased my MacBook hard drive and now am attempting to re-install by access the applice store, I get the message: Ths item is temporarily unavailble

MacBook, iOS 6, Attempting a re-install

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 7:42 AM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 8:48 AM in response to jvzmfam

Try booting into Internet Recovery (command - option/alt - R on a restart) and install the OS from there. It will install the OS your computer came with. You can then access the App Store Purchases tab to download Mavericks.

OS X Recovery

OS X Recovery (2)

If you can't boot into Internet Recovery and you have access to another Mac computer, log into the App Store with your Apple ID and download Mavericks. You can make a bootable USB stick to install using this free program which will do all the work for you. Boot the Macbook from the USB drive and install the OS.

Bootable USB Flash Drive – Diskmaker X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.