Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boomerang Transition--Multiple Pictures

I am using FCPX to make a slideshow of pictures for an event. I am using the boomerang transition throughout the video to allow for more pictures to be shown, since that transition can show multiple. I want to delete the pictures before and after the transition (the ones that are numbered) so that they are not shown twice. Is this possible or do they have to remain on the timeline? If they have to remain on the timeline, is there a way to put a cross dissolve on top of it so that it is not shown in the final video?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:17 AM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2015 9:24 AM in response to arussell96

Do you have Motion? You can open a copy of the transition in Motion and make a ton of changes and then save a copy as a template. This stuff is't easy if you've never done it but Motion is fun to learn. The issue is that the #1` and #2 drop zones are there for a reason. If you add a third or fourth (not hard to do) you will need to figure out how to populate them with something new from the timeline. That could be tricky.

Therea re third party products similar to Boomerang that have multiple dropzones all ready. Try coreMelt and FxFactory.

Boomerang Transition--Multiple Pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.