Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to recover lost data after sync as the sync was for my older phone it deleted the data of my new phone

how to recover lost data after sync as the sync was for my older phone it deleted the data of my new phone

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:19 AM

Sounds to me like you restored a backup of an old phone to your new one. You can't undo that. The best you could do would be to wipe the phone and restore a backup you made of the new phone prior to when you overwrote it with the old backup.

If you did not already have it backed up before you restore over top of it, then the data is gone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 8:19 AM in response to amaze15

Sounds to me like you restored a backup of an old phone to your new one. You can't undo that. The best you could do would be to wipe the phone and restore a backup you made of the new phone prior to when you overwrote it with the old backup.

If you did not already have it backed up before you restore over top of it, then the data is gone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.